Using a Domain Name will make a difference!
Believe it or not, your email can say a lot about you and your business. So, I wanted to highlight some things you may not be aware of, and how you can ensure your business name not only reflects your business, your personality, and your professionalism, but it can also determine how many of your emails will land in your clients mailbox, as apposed to landing in their SPAM folder. But, the BEST way to ensure that you don’t land in SPAM folders is to purchase your own domain name. Firstly, it is inexpensive, and secondly, if you are serious about your business, think of your email address as the front door to your business!
EXAMPLE OF WHAT NOT TO DO
So, I came across an article today that showed real email examples of what people use on their resumes when applying for a job. Regardless of applying for a job, or representing your business, I think you will agree these ones just won’t cut it:
As a result of the above address’s, the interviewers dumped the resumes into the garbage. This article also stated that “some claim they don’t open emails from Hotmail / Gmail and other free accounts because they don’t know if it’s safe. ”
However, there is hope if you have an inappropriate, or unprofessional email, you can easily change it! The next paragraph will show you how to do all the right things when creating your new email, ensuring your emails appear safe and professional to the recipient.
5 Tips to Create A Great Email
- Make It professional! Don’t use a generic email provider, create your own domain for minimal costs and it looks so much more professional. Use GoDaddy or other providers to purchase your own domain for as little as $0.99. This was advertised on their site when this was written on February 01, 2021
- Keep It Short! If you have a long email to type out, the chances of mistyping the email is increased. So keep it short and sweet.
- Make It Easy To Remember. If clients have to remember special characters or numbers in your email address, more than likely they will forget.
- Use your Name. People buy from you because they like you, and they probably know your name. Why not use something like Jane@Janesmith.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a company name, use Yourname@yourcompanyname.com.
- Use White Labelling if you are using a second party to send your emails. The process of white labelling simply increases the ability to successfully deliver email. It enables you to build a sender reputation for your domain and your IP addresses. Here is the link on White Labelling within Fiitfu. If you use a different email provider, be sure to ask them details on their White Label ability.