Entries in the Category "Motivation"
Commitment is knowing you are on the right track, and giving it 100% even when you feel like only giving 25%.
You who are committed are the ones who don't take discouragement heavily -- you don't give up regardless of potential set backs. You who are committed set an example for those who don't have the confidence or experience to go through the hard times and hold out for the rewards of success.
Commitment takes STAYING STRONG in your will to make it a success...
It takes knowing who you are and what you believe in. And being PROUD of it.
As a leader, your commitment will instill belief and trust in your team, your commitment will create strength in your organization as others become committed as well.
A group of committed individuals is unstoppable.
When you are committed to an organization or effort that you truly believe is important, you will show up, follow through, and stick with it.
Stay Committed, stay strong, stay aware, stay focused, stay the course.
The price of staying committed, PRICELESS.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Each day we must show courage to protect ourselves, to teach our children right from wrong and to go with your heart when those around you think you may be crazy.... (I am sure many of you have heard "Oh that won't work, I know someone who...")
Courage is more than heroic things that give us accolades, it is the ability to navigate and deal with the every day challenges that we face.
Cynthia Pury, Ph.D., associate professor of psychology at Clemson University, who studies courage says "courage requires people who are motivated by a clear goal or sense of duty to take a personal risk though the outcome of their actions remains uncertain".
Here are a few tips to help you with staying Courageous today!
- Have a clear Goal and Stay Focussed on this goal!
- Be prepared for what some of the possible outcomes may be. What could be the WORST case scenerio and then work towards the BEST case scenerio... often the Worst case scenerio isn't actually all that bad.
- Take baby steps each day, the fear may never go away, however with continued acts towards your goal it will get easier!
- Surround yourself with like minded people. This often helps you realize you are not alone in your endeavor to reach your goals! We all have to be courageous.
- Stay away from those that try to bring you down... The crab in the bucket syndrome... as you climb to the top the "crabs" will grab at you and pull you right back down. "If I can't have it, neither can you".
- Have fun along the way. Remember, failure or setbacks along the way are just learning curves... the more you try, the closer you get even with set-backs!
Be sure you figure out exactly what it is you want. WHY do you want it, and how can you get it.
If you REALLY want something, you will know how passionate you are to get it by the sacrifices you take to earn it. Know that sacrifices must be made, but if you really want something, won't it be a simple decision to make? If it is easy to give up, you probably didn't want it that bad.
Being an entrepreneur definitely has it's benefits. Work the hours you want, be your own boss, work in your pj's if you really feel inclined...
But there seems to be more to it. Being an entrepreneur challenges you to stay authentic to who you are, work on what you believe in and sharing your knowledge for the greater good of many.
So when it comes to working on your own, and being true to who you are, you may not always have the back up of others around you. No one will think 100% like you do, and as an entrepreneur it becomes easy to second guess if you are doing the right thing or not.
Follow up can be easy if you just keep calm...
Here are 5 Tips on Keeping Calm and Following Up.
If failure is not an option,
then neither is SUCCESS
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
Martin Luther King Jr.
If we don’t take care of our customers, someone else will.