10 Questions To Ask To Get Influencial Testimonials
It takes more than someone saying "I really liked working with Jan, and I would work with her again" to make an impression.
Imagine if someone instead said, "When I worked with Jan, she got back to me right away when I sent an email, she answered all of my questions AND in the end she saved me over $1000!"
Wouldn't THAT be a better testimonial, it explained that Jan was efficient, knowledgeable, and able to save you money. Three traits in one testimonial!
Remember, your testimonials are like mini sales pitches, without being a sales pitch, because it is not YOU that is saying it! So make sure when you print them out, they are powerful!
Here are 10 Awesome Questions to ask when asking for a Testimonial.
You don't have to use them all at once, pick two or three and see what you get back:
- After using this product/service, how did it make you feel? Have you ever experienced anything like that before?
- When you dealt with me as a consultant, can you tell me what you think made me stand out over other people you have worked with in the past?
- List three ways that our product/service has helped you.
- How much time or money has our product/service saved you?
- What part of your experience makes you want to do business with our company again?
- Between 1 and 10 (10 being the best) how would you rate:
- My customer service
- The products you used
- The likelihood that you will work with me again
- Please comment on this one if you don't mind!
- If you were out with your girlfriends, would you be happy enough with my product/service to give me rave reviews—if so, what would you say?
- Was my customer service good enough that you feel I now know what your needs and wants are as a customer?
- In your own words, what WOW'd you about our time together?
- What THREE words would you use to describe working with me, or using my product/service?
Remember, once you receive a testimonial, thank your client, ask how you can help them, and if you can share their information and testimonial.
Now get out there and ask your clients for a testimonial! You will be glad you did.