Cooking with Fiitfu – Getting set up
So this may be totally random, but as a culinary fanatic, I thought that our readers, and Fiitfu users could use some tips not only on following up, but as well as cooking good nutritious and delicious food.
One of the benefits of running your Direct Sales business, is it should give you more time to cook home made meals, as apposed to running out to eat on the go. Having the right ingredients on hand makes this much easier!
Perhaps I should also first give you my credentials on why I love to cook and share with you some of our family and friends favourite recipes.
I am a lover of entertaining, so much so that when I was in my 20’s I decided to take a year off of work to attend 12 months of culinary school. From there I owned a catering business, baked Wedding Cakes and opened a Fine Food Store in Edgemont Village West Vancouver. However I would say that my family and friends would be my best source of recommendation.
Cooking is easy when you have the right tools, and ingredients readily available to you. Here is a list of a few things I like to keep in my Freezer and Pantry to make food preparation quicker & easier. Please note that the quality of your products will make much better tasting food. So be sure to buy good quality when you can.
In the Freezer:
- Organic boneless and skinless Chicken Breast
- Kaffir lime Leaves & Lemon Grass (you can find both fresh, and pop into the freezer to use last minute)
- A bag of Frozen Fruit
- Green peas (these add great colour to many dishes)
In the Pantry:
- Cans of diced Tomatoes
- Coconut Milk
- Patka’s Tandoori paste
- Spices! Corriander / Cumin / Tumeric / Basil / Fennel /
- Basmati Rice – Brown or white
- Good quality olive oil
- Good quality balsamic vinegar
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Lentils – Green or Orange
- Walnuts / Pecans or Pumpkin seeds to through some Protein into Salads
- Dates (great to add to any salad)
Some things I insist on using Fresh only and having in the fridge always
- Lemons and limes
- Fresh Herbs, Cilantro, Basil, Garlic, Parsley (I like to grow these all in our garden in the summer time, my parsley lasts well into the winter! And organic grown garlic is the best tasting!!)
- Organic cooking onions (great tasting)
- Grainy Dijon mustard
- Salad Greens
- Feta Cheese (Full Blocks in liquid)
- Yams (great for last minute yam fries snack, or baked yam rounds for salads!)
- Fennel – Love adding this to any roast vegetable, also great in soups
- Avocado’s – Whip up in Salad dressings, or add to salads, and great on Toast for breakfast
- Bunch of organic carrots.
Of course you will have other things as well in the fridge and pantry, but these are the things that if I know I am out, I always replenish to have on had so I can make a quick dinner with one of our favourite recipes. So lets get started! Our first recipe found on this next blog will be for a dinner party for 6. One of our guests is off milk products as well as no wheat.
Enjoy this Indian Lentil Soup with Salad and Tandoori Chicken!