Don’t be shy, be different!
What is the key to standing out above your competitors? This is the question millions of business owners ask themselves when they start out, and when they re-evaluate their business.
Here are 5 key points to help your business stand out above the rest.
- Determine what you are good at and why you wanted to start your business. There is a reason, often emotional or moral, that you wanted to start your own business. You recognized a need, or you’re good at something and thought, “I could run my own business doing this!”. Write down your number one reason WHY you started the business, and look at it each day, so that you stay focused on your origins.
- Find your Niche Market. Who was it that you thought would love your product or service and WHY? Don’t try to supply something to everyone. Focus your business to make your marketing easier, and your client following tighter.
- Be Authentic. Authenticity in business is key to standing out from the rest of the crowd. Be yourself, be transparent, and create a following of like-minded clients to spread the word about you.
- Hire your weaknesses. It costs you more time and money to learn a new skill than to pay someone who is already an expert in that skill. Accept that you can’t do everything and stay efficient by hiring others to do the things that you can’t. Then you can focus on the strengths that made you start your business in the first place.
- Be Creative! Use unique ways of marketing, follow up with your clients differently than your competitors, and focus on being memorable in a positive way. Figure out what makes you different and how best to get that message across.
Be creative, and think different to stand out from the crowd.